Monday, June 18, 2012

Overdue is an understatement

I entitled this post "Overdue is an understatement", however, it has a twofold meaning.

The first is obvious...I have not blogged in months! :-/ I was using our old iMac and it was just that, old. It finally decided it had had enough and stopped working. RIP first iMac we purchased together. haha So needless to say, my blogging got put on hold when my computer died. Since James works in our office, I didn't have access to our main iMac for blogging during the day and when the evening came around family time trumped my blogging time! :) Well I now have a hand-me-down gateway for the time being until we can afford my replacement! I am reminded daily how grateful I am for Apple...nothing compares once you've gone Mac you don't go back! :)

The second is not so obvious, but has taken two years of praying and having faith: James finally got promoted to Manager! :) He still gets to work from home but is no longer on the phone with customers-thank goodness! Try telling a toddler to be quiet all day! :) He has about 17 advisers under him and works M-F! This has been a long time coming and we are SO thankful for Gods blessings and provision.

I am enjoying my time with Wesley during the day. Choosing to stay home with him has been one of the best decisions I've made. I cannot imagine not being with him during the day. We are in the process of potty training. I am so proud of him and how well he is doing. The accidents are few and far between and he holds it during nap time as well. I have gone on a couple of errands with him and he has done SO good....no accidents outside of the house so far...knock on wood! :)

The smell of coppertone and maui babe has filled our bathroom once again...how I've missed that smell! :) Wesley and I are enjoying our swim days, he is such a fish when it comes to the water..just like his mama! :) Seems like everyone and their mother is asking me these days, "So, when is Wesley going to get a sibling?" Gosh, the questions never end! You get married then its "when are you having kids" you finally have a kid and then its "when are you having another?" haha but to answer the ever present question...not for awhile.  It is weird though; when I pictured myself having kids I pictured no more than 2 years between. Just goes to show you how your mindset changes as you get older. I am so content right now being a family of 3! Don't get me wrong, I do want to have another kid (I can just hear my mother in my head, "but you do want another right?"), but just not yet! I'm not ready to share my attention with another child...and I don't think Wesley is either! :)

Well I guess thats enough update for now...and now that I have my hand-me-down hopefully there won't be 4 months in between my next blog post! :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! It's about time girly!!! Been wondering if you were ever gonna blog again!!! I'm working on one this week!! Good to have you back. Still super excited about Jame's promotion too. And when you are finally ready for #2...I hope it's a girl...they are super fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete