Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Start today...

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

After meeting up with a friend and discussing family, friends, and just life experiences in general, I once again got the urge to blog. Yes, yes...I know those of you who know me are saying, "really Lindsay, how many times are you going to start and stop a blog?" Well...I'm here to say ONE MORE TIME! haha

I decided to start blogging again because after our discussion I realized what a great outlet blogging can really be. It is a place to basically spill whats on your mind at the current time and to get feed-back from those who read. What a great concept right? So with that said...here I go!

I chose the quote above because I can 100% relate to it. I cannot even begin to count how many times throughout my life I wished I could go back and say something different, or react differently to a situation, or even take back things I've said. However, all of that wishing and hoping gets me no where. Whats done is done-no changing that. So often I get caught up in the "should've and would've" instead of concentrating on the here and now.

Here are a couple of scripture verses that came to my mind regarding this situation:

Psalm 118:24 states, "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." I love that God tells us to rejoice and be glad IN it. He doesn't say, stew over what you did or did not do today...but rejoice and be glad!

Matthew 6:34 states, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." How true is that! Each day is a NEW day. If I worry too much about tomorrow I'm not rejoicing IN today. I think too often I worry about what tomorrow holds instead of rejoicing in the day God has given me.

No matter what I do, I cannot go back and fix things or change things. What I CAN do is start each day with the attitude of Psalms/Matthew; rejoice IN today and allow God to worry about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment